Compliant Business Solutions & privacy by design
Privacy by Design is a principle based on putting data protection and privacy at the foundations of any new business process or system created rather than layering them on as a later consideration. Although not mandated by data regulations, it is strongly advised in order to help ensure compliance throughout your organisation.
So when you approach a major change its sensible to consider this approach. Common examples of projects that will require particular attention to the privacy and protection of data include:
- Building/choosing a new IT system that has access to any personal data (i.e. CRM, marketing automation etc.).
- Migration of any personal data to a different system.
- Creating any new procedures that affects personal data (i.e. employee access rights, password policies).
Benefits of this approach include:
- Easier to create a data privacy friendly culture in your organisation.
- If your projects have it at their core, your employees will more likely consider it a core issue.
- Reduce the risk of any data issues arising such as a large scale data breach. Not only does this severely damage trust with the public, but will likely result in punishments under GDPR.
- Identify any potential issues with your strategy earlier on in the process, likely reducing the time and effort it will cost to rectify it.